Michael Tynan Cars Data Protection Statement
Michael Tynan Cars is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 legislation at all times.
This privacy statement describes what personal data we will collect and how we will use the data when you engage with our garage either online, by phone, in writing or in person.
We will always offer you a clear and easy way to remove yourself from our database should you decide that you no longer wish to receive communication from our company.
We may make changes to our privacy statement and these changes will be made to our statement document and uploaded onto our website.
Collecting personal data
We may collect and store personal data from you - given in person, on paper, electronically or a combination of all.
This data may be collected from you while conducting or attempting to conduct business with Michael Tynan Cars including but not limited to Sales, Service, Spare Parts, Warranty, Rental, Body Repairs or Finance.
Our premises are monitored by CCTV for the protection of customers and staff while on the premises and for the prevention of crime. This may mean that your image and potentially your vehicle registration number may be captured and stored.
We do not sell any personal data to any third parties.
Use of personal data
The personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, which may include:
- To meet the terms of your vehicle order and provision of after sales services.
- To enable us fulfil our contractual responsibilities for the transaction entered into.
- To enable all transfer of ownerships to be completed.
- To enable us communicate with toll companies regarding liability for tolls.
- To remind you of relevant vehicle information e.g. service / NCT reminders.
- To inform you of any product recalls that are relevant to you.
- To contact you regarding any matter concerning the warranty on your car.
- To contact you regarding any matter on a finance product we helped provide e.g. contacting you about a final PCP payment reminder.
- To comply with all money laundering legislation.
- To enable us communicate with car transport companies to facilitate vehicle collection / delivery.
- Using your data to enable you to use our online platform e.g. online service bookings.
- To obtain customer service feedback about the services that we have provided to you.
- To process your personal data for a specific purpose as requested by yourself.
- To comply with all statutory requirements
- Where it is in our legitimate interest to do so to develop a business relationship with a prospective or existing customer.
- To send you any updates about Michael Tynan Cars via post or digitally including any new and exclusive offers. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require communication.
Disclosing personal data
We do work closely with our manufacturer partners and third-party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us. In the course of conducting business with you, your personal data may be disclosed to any the following:
- Any member of Michael Tynan Cars.
- Any third party, supplier or subcontractor.
- The vehicle manufacturers of the car you purchased or own.
- Government bodies, An Gardai or any other agency where we are required to do so by law including the Revenue Commissioners, CVRT and NCT offices.
- Breakdown and Recovery companies e.g. AA, Insurance Companies, Motor Assessors, Authorised Bodyshops and Car Rental Companies as required in order to fulfill our contract with you.
- Various financial institutions in order to arrange finance, confirm settlement figures and confirm PCP balances.
- Our accountants, our lawyer or any company we propose merging with or selling our business to.
- We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area – e.g. for vehicle warranty purposes. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances, we will take specific steps in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information. In particular, for transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission, we may rely on contractual protections approved by the European Commission.
- We may share data with marketing third parties e.g. MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Contact at Once, Live Chat etc.
Security of personal data and retention
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers and on our dealer management systems managed by CDK Global and VBT IT Solutions.
- We regularly review our personal data retention policy and will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary or as required by law.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request. Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format within 30 days. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data, we will do so within 30 days, subject to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to destroy any / all of your personal data we may hold, we will do so within 30 days, subject to the extent permitted by law.
- If you do not wish to hear from Michael Tynan Cars about special offers and promotions by way of post, email, phone, text or digital media, you may opt out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 4036700.
- If you do not wish to hear from Michael Tynan Cars for customer satisfaction surveys by post, email, phone, text or digital media, you may opt out at any time by contacting email@example.com or 01 4036700.
- If you do not wish to hear from the manufacturer of the vehicle you purchased or it’s appointed distributor in Ireland for customer satisfaction surveys by post, email, phone, text or digital media, you may opt out at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 4036700.
- If you do not wish to hear from the manufacturer or its appointed distributor about special, offers and promotions by way of post, email, phone, text or digital media, you may opt out at any time by contacting email@example.com or 01 4036700.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission. See www.dataprotection.ie